WISBECH CAMERA CLUB COMPETITION RULES
(Last Revised September 2011)
GENERAL RULES FOR ALL COMPETITIONS
(except the Chairman's competition)
1. Prints & Projected Images entered in previous seasons competitions may not be entered again. However entries can be used for different competitions in the same season.
2. Prints must comply with the EAF rules, which state that the actual print size should be a minimum of 300 square centimetres on mounts not exceeding 50cm by 40cm. (a 6" x 9" print is 342 sq. centimetres. 50cm is 1911/16", 40cm is 153/4"). The exception to this rule is the Chairman's competition where anything goes.
3. Monochrome prints and Colour prints can be home processed, trade processed or digital.
4. All prints must be mounted and have the authors name and print title on the back.
PROJECTED IMAGES (Slides or Projected Digital Images )
5. Slides must be in 2" x 2" mounts and can be trade or home processed or digital. They must be spotted at the bottom left hand corner, as viewed and have the authors name and title on the mount.
6. Projected Digital Images. The images will be projected by Data Projector in landscape format at a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels. Images must therefore, be no more than 1024 pixels wide and no more than 768 pixels high, including any border or frame around the image.
If your image is less than the maximum in any direction, the canvas size should be enlarged to 1024 x 768 pixels and the unused area should be filled with black. It will then be seen at its best advantage when projected on the screen.
Images should be saved as 'jpg' or 'jpeg'.
The filename should be saved with authors name, title, competiton
David Hodgson_American Star_ Colour.jpeg
David Hodgson_American Star_BW.jpeg
David Hodgson_American Star_DPI.jpeg
Entries can be submitted by Film Free Projection on the club website (preferred) or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by CD or USB memory stick.
PROJECTED IMAGE ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY MIDNIGHT ON THE FRIDAY BEFORE COMPETITION DATE
PRINTS TITLE(S) AND DIGITAL FILE(S) OF PRINT(S) FOR THE 4 LEAGUE COMPETITIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY MIDNIGHT ON THE FRIDAY BEFORE COMPETITION DATE
ALL OTHER PRINT COMPETITIONS PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR PRINTS ON THE NIGHT OF THE COMPETITION
7. The FIAP definition of what constitutes black & white (monochrome) or colour will be followed.
Monochrome An image from black & white with shades of grey in between, or toned with one single tone.
Colour All images except those listed above, including the addition of colour to an otherwise Monochrome image.
8. Only club members may submit entries for competitions. Subscriptions must be paid 14 days before entries are submitted. New members may enter competitions immediately, provided the subscription is paid on or before the night of the competition.
9. Where trophies are awarded they will be held by the winners for one year, but will remain the property of the Camera Club and should be returned in good condition in time for the next presentation.
10. In case of a dispute the Club Committee's decision will be final.
11. The original image must be the work of the author in its entirety and the author must own the copyright.
12. No image used as a print can subsequently be used as a Projected Image or vice-versa. Also no image used as a Colour print can subsequently be used as a Monochrome print or vice-versa.
LEAGUE COMPETITIONS (4 rounds).
1. The three sections are Black & White Prints, Colour Prints and Projected Images.
2. Members may submit up to two entries in each section in each round. If two pictures are entered both marks will be added together for a total score for each round.
3. The entries for all four rounds will be judged by an outside judge and each picture will be marked out of 10
4. Marks for all entries in each section will be added together over 4 rounds to determine the final positions.
5. No print or Projected Image may be entered in more than one round.
1. The subject for the following seasons competition will be set on the presentation night. No other rules- anything goes. General rules do not apply, the entry may even have been seen before in a previous seasons competition.
Monochrome Prints only. The subject for the following seasons competition will be set on the presentation evening. Maximum number of entries is 4.
HALSTEAD SHIELD COMPETITIONS.
Two separate competitions, Prints and Projected Images. The subject for the following seasons competition will be set at the presentation night. Maximum number of entries is 4 in each section.
Two separate competitions Prints and Projected Images. The pictures will be judged as a set, not individually. 4 Prints or Projected Images in each Panel (no mixtures). Any subject. Maximum number of entries 4 panels in each section.
PRINT OF THE YEAR COMPETITIONS.
A maximum of 2 pictures can be entered into each of the seven Sections as follows (definitions below) Landscape/Seascape, Portrait (Human Only), Natural History, Open, Monochrome, Creative and New Exhibitors.
Monochrome images can be included in any section.
No image can be entered in more than one section.
The judge will then select a winner from each section and place them in order of merit
PROJECTED IMAGE OF THE YEAR COMPETITIONS
Same rules and sections as print of the year.
THE FOLLOWING DEFINITIONS ARE GUIDE LINES ONLY. THE INTERPRETATIONS OF THE SUBJECT IS FOR THE JUDGE TO DECIDE. FOR EXAMPLE AN IMAGE WITH A BEACH SCENE & WAVES, SOME JUDGES MAY DECIDE THAT THIS IS NOT A LANDSCAPE, OR EVEN A CLOSE UP IMAGE OF BLUEBELLS IN A WOOD SOME JUDGES MAY DECIDE THAT THIS IS NOT A LANDSCAPE & SHOULD BE OF A WIDER SCENE. REMEMBER A JUDGES DECISION MAY BE WRONG BUT IT STILL COUNTS !!
LANDSCAPE/SEASCAPE, A view of inland countryside or Seas, Lakes or Ponds.
PORTRAIT, Human Portraits only. Studio & environmental portraits accepted
NATURAL HISTORY, Images of all Birds, Animals (other than human) Flora & Fauna are accepted. Zoo and captive animals are accepted if not obviously restrained. Images of Pets and domestic animals as well as cultivated garden plants should not be included.
MONOCHROME,. An image from black & white with shades of grey in between, or toned with one single tone.
OPEN, General category for images that do not fit the other sections.
CREATIVE, Message conveyed through the creative use of line, form, colour and/or light, which stimulates the mind of the viewer and is a personal statement by/of the author. The Photographic Society of America definition is stated as 'Altered Reality'.
NEW EXHIBITORS, Open to any member that has not entered print or Projected Image of the year before.
PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR (The Bourlet Award).
The winner will be the member that wins the most Cups & Shields in any one season (Chairman's & Best Exhibition print are excluded ).